I will continue to work on the staff morale and development strategies I started last year. The books we read were amazing reads and inspired some change in a few of us!
This year we started our Wednesday morning (day before kids came to school) with a tour of classrooms! This was an idea sparked from one of our book groups the year before and our superintendent/principal embraced the idea. All teachers met in the cafeteria and as a group we toured everyone's classrooms. There were some less than happy participants; but, I believe most had a great time. It was amazing seeing how other teachers decorated their rooms or how they stored some of their supplies. It was a great way to see what others are doing. One of our favorite activities was playing "guess the scent" as each room seemed to have a different fragrance being pushed out through essential oils or plug ins.
I hope this activity will become a staple in our back to school routine as it was great. I think my favorite part was the conversations we were all having walking from class to class. It was a great time talking to coworkers I don't always get to see on a regular basis.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teaching Again...
Blogging is not something that comes natural to me; therefore, I have my highs and lows of getting to publish something. This is a task I h...
-
Today was the kick off of an idea I've been toying with for quite some time! I don't know why I always hold back and not allow myse...
-
Twenty years ago I realized a life-long dream and entered the teaching profession. Here I was, a young, naive 23 year old. I will never fo...
-
As we approached the new school year, I was excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. My emotions were running wild! This begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment