Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Teaching Again...

Blogging is not something that comes natural to me; therefore, I have my highs and lows of getting to publish something.  This is a task I have to be intentional on and force myself to sit down and do it regardless of the mounting list of other things that need to be done!

Today I am pulled to post to remind myself that I am teaching again!  I have never taken a year off teaching and have been in the classroom about 22 years; but, some years it feels like I'm on auto-pilot and just going through the motions.  This year, things have changed and I'm feeling great!  Now to keep it up.

Working in math, I have taken the time to individually assess every child on their fact fluency and the foundational skills that build that fluency.  I amazed at the information I received from this 1:1 interaction with the kids.  I feel prepared to know where I need to work with each child and how to communicate that to the parents.  I feel like I'm a teacher again...focused on the kids and not the next lesson!

Feeling good, and now to keep the momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teaching Again...

Blogging is not something that comes natural to me; therefore, I have my highs and lows of getting to publish something.  This is a task I h...