A couple of weeks ago I experienced a first for me, I took part in my first webinar where I was a speaker! This was WAY out of my comfort zone and I wasn't sure if I was cut out for it at all.
As a Bloomz Ambassador and one of the few who is working with a whole school site subscription, I was asked if I would speak on how our school has implemented Bloomz school wide and some of our uses. As a new ambassador excitedly awaiting my free Bloomz t-shirt, how could I say no?
As the meeting date approached, I was more and more nervous about what to say. The day arrived and I was fearful I'd be joining late as I was logging in after a staff meeting. (I hate being late to anything!) Thankfully our staff meeting let out early and I was able to get to my classroom and log in with plenty of time to spare.
The webinar started and shortly thereafter I was introduced. I gave my little spiel and felt as though I sounded like a babbling idiot; but, I'm sure that was mostly in my own mind as I am my own worst critic! As the webinar proceeded, there were technical issues along the way. At one point we lost our Bloomz representative and then after getting him back, we lost our moderator.
In the end, I stepped up and began fielding questions for the Bloomz representative as he couldn't see the question board. Within no time, I felt at ease and it seemed as though the moderator and myself were hosting a radio chat show. I actually had a lot of fun!
Little did I realize, all of this was being recorded for others to tune into at a later time. The moderator contacted me the next day and thanked me for staying connected and helping along. She told me I'd done a great job and she could see me being the host as I was a natural...WOW! I'm not sure I believe all of that; however, it was a nice compliment to hear.
This journey of professional development and growth has already taken me to places I never imagined I'd be a participant of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teaching Again...
Blogging is not something that comes natural to me; therefore, I have my highs and lows of getting to publish something. This is a task I h...
-
Today was the kick off of an idea I've been toying with for quite some time! I don't know why I always hold back and not allow myse...
-
Twenty years ago I realized a life-long dream and entered the teaching profession. Here I was, a young, naive 23 year old. I will never fo...
-
As we approached the new school year, I was excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. My emotions were running wild! This begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment